NEW HOUSING PROGRAM AVAILALBE NOW IN FULTON COUNTY AND SOUTH FULTON
Fulton County along with South Fulton has been designated one of 40 counties in the United States that will participate in the new Federal Rural Partners Network. This is a Partnership with multiple Federal Funding Agencies designed to assist communities that have suffered from persistent poverty. This Partnership will bring opportunities to our community for funding of projects designed to reverse economic decline. As we move forward with this Partnership, we will post on this FB page, opportunities that become available to assist Fulton County and South Fulton residents.
Our Fulton County Rural Partners Network Team has chosen housing as one of our first programs. Currently we are working with USDA and their housing loan and grant programs to assist our residents with housing needs. These programs can assist with making home repairs or financing of new homes, both existing and new construction.
To start, we propose to conduct two workshops to provide information on loans and grants to residents and measure the level of citizen interest in the housing program. One workshop to be held in Hickman for residents of the Hickman area and one in Fulton for the residents of the Fulton and South Fulton area.
If you are interested in attending either of these workshops, please let us know by calling the County Judge’s office at 270-236-2594 or emailing to [email protected]. This is a great opportunity to get your home repairs made and buy or build a new home. We need to demonstrate to USDA that we have residents which are interested in these programs. If we can determine there is enough interest in these housing programs, we can move forward with arranging a workshop where USDA will attend to discuss the programs and assist with application for the grants and loans. Please let the County Judges office know of your interest and workshops can be arranged. (270-236-2594 or [email protected])
When calling or emailing please provide the following information:
- Phone number and email address
- Which workshop you would like to attend
At the workshops we will be discussing the following USDA grant and loan programs:
- Section 504 Home Repair Program.
- To qualify for a grant, you must:
- Be the owner and occupy the home
- Be unable to obtain affordable credit elsewhere
- Have a family income considered Very Low Income
- To qualify for a grant, you must:
1 person family – $12,750
2 person family – $14,750
3 person family – $16,400
4 person family – $18,200
5 person family – $19,700
- For grant applicants must be at least 62 years of age
- The grant amount can be up to $36,520
- Loan and grant can be combined up to $76,520
- The loan portion is at an interest rate of 1%
- Grant and Loan can be used to make home repairs, improve or modernize homes, or to remove health and safety hazards.
- Section 502 Direct Home Loan Program.
- This program can assist low and very low-income families buy or build decent, safe and sanitary housing.
- Applicants must:
- Be without decent, safe and sanitary housing
- Be unable to obtain a loan from other resources on terms and conditions that can reasonably be expected to met
- Agree to occupy the home as their principal residence
- Have legal capacity to incur a loan obligation
- Meet citizenship or eligible noncitizen requirements
- Not be suspended or debarred from participation in federal programs
- Have family income of
1–4-person family – $48,550
5–8-person family – $64,100
- Terms of the Loan
- 38 Years
- Interest 3.25%