The purpose of this position is to protect life and property by enforcing all city statutes, ordinances and the laws and regulations of the state of Kentucky. Police officers are selected after completing a rigorous testing process, consisting of written, physical skills, oral interview, polygraph, and personality profile testing, as well as a complete background investigation. Each phase must be successfully completed before continuing to the next.
– Must be a U.S. citizen.
– Must be at least 21 years old.
– Must have a valid driver’s license.
– No convictions of a felony or domestic violence offense.
– High School diploma. Preference will be given to individuals with 60 college credit hours OR 4 years military service (active or reserve) OR certified officers not currently under contract with another law enforcement agency.
– There are no specific height requirements or weight requirements; candidates must pass physical agility test.
The applicant must successfully complete all phases of the Peace Officer Professional Standards testing as required by law.
Full job description may be obtained from the City Clerk at Fulton City Hall or the City website
www.fulton-ky.com. Applications plus a resume will be accepted until the position is filled.
Applications may be submitted to the City Clerk:
City of Fulton, Kentucky PO Box 1350
101 Nelson Tripp Place Fulton, KY 42041 [email protected] 270-472-1320
The City of Fulton is “An Equal Opportunity Employer”